- Skin glue. Ive seen too many people in the early season on the side of the skin track, blown skin in hand. Dont be that person! Wolf Creek will have a lot of kick turns and good glue is important! Just adding a little Black Diamond Gold Label should do the trick most of the time!
- Ski wax and edge maintenance. If you didnt go over your skis last year, get it done!
- Packing list. No one reading this blog is probably a 1st place contender so no mandatory gear checks for us but there are some essentials you probably want to have like duck tape, torx driver, power strap and TP (plus a bag or two). I have been stymied multiple times by not having that darn screwdriver. Luckily it was when trying to help others but Im sure my time is coming!
- Goggles. Get the dust out.
- Avy beacon. Put in some new batteries and TEST AND RECORD ITS RANGE so you can see if its antenna is degrading over time.
- Boot liners. Glue them back together if they are starting to deteriorate using shoe goo.
- Pack. Is it falling apart? Race packs are pretty flimsy and it sucks to have one fail in a race, trust me!
Wolf Creek Pass 21 November. 46" base, 22" of which were from the last storm early this week!